Saturday, 8 May 2010

Memories never die



by Mithun Parambath

Memories never die, memories linger with you wherever you go. It make you laugh, cry and sometimes give a new energy to live. Beautiful memories of childhood are always precious to everyone .I often go back to my nostalgic childhood normally when I am lonely.Those memories of climbing trees ,throwing at mangoes and playing in water which I had in my childhood are a dream childhood for many of my friends. Memories of my childhood at my old ancestral home in a remote village was a great treasure and legacy that will remain in my heart.

Climbing mango tree ,eating the raw mangoes with salt ,chewing cashew fruit by holding the cashew nut, Burning out the outer cashew nut shell in the kitchen and eating the nut, then collecting cashew nut for selling and getting crackers for vishu are colourful and ever lasting memories of a lifetime. Born in family where coconut used to be the main income of the family, We have a breaking of coconut every month after removing it exocarp, it was always a great opportunity to drink coconut water how much ever you want. The day on which coconuts are taken from attam (roof of Kitchen) ,I used to wait at the bottom to open those coconut to get pongu. It is one of the most tasty sweet I ever had. Coconut, cashew nut, greenery, my cousins who come to my house for vacations, my fight with them are all memories that never pass on in a life

I believe I am greatly gifted when I see children playing video games and watching cartoons today. They are missing a great childhood before TV and computer by seeing and living in a to fantasy world. I was not able to watch a cartoon until I was thirteen and at thirteen I was not interested to watch one as we only got a TV at that time.

Beauty of the monsoons in kerala can be enjoyed by sitting in the kolayi (varanda) of a padinjata house, the streamline flow of water dripping through slopping roof to ground is a delight to watch, a feeble breeze with cold water give a prick sensation on the skin.sleeping on a cotton bed hearing the noise of rain in pitch darkness as electricity connection normally go with the rain was always cozy and snugy. This is a great life and it is beautiful because of those memories that never die and they are the only comrades who remain with you all your life.

3 comments:

  1. All that I can infer from your memories is only your ever insatiable greed for virtually anything edible in this universe...From start to end, u just go on and on about eating and eating only...Wake up man..Dont just live to eat!

    ReplyDelete